I think when most people meet me for the first time, they get a pretty good read at who I am, and nearly all of them leave this first encounter with an awareness of most, if not all, of these essential Thom Dunn truths:
- I really like comic books
- I really like beer
- I really like being awesome
- I am awesome
- I really like being Irish
- I have much better taste in music than you, and if I don't, I will gladly engage in friendly albeit heated debate with you about it
- I really, really hate Journey
Most of these facts require very little explanation, but it's the last one that does occasionally lead to controversy.
I've decided that it's time for me to set the record straight once and for all, and explain myself to the Internets.
But keep in mind that the truth can sometimes be a bitter pill to swallow. I think I might be mixing metaphors there, but I don't care. You have been warned.